Acrylic Signage is the right signage for your business. After all, it’s a business advertisement in itself. That’s why your signage plan should include considerations not just about the kind of branding you want or that budget you have. You should also include the area where you want to put it up.
This said, acrylic is one of the most versatile among the materials used for making signages. Its flexibility when it comes to function-ability and aesthetics is unequaled allowing you to highlight the identity of your brand with finesse and in style.
WHAT IS ACRYLIC?
Acrylic is a plastic material, technically referred to as “thermoplastic homopolymer.” Most types of acrylic material are UV-stable and come in a wide range of variants, finish – clear or frosted – and thickness-wise.
ACRYLIC VS. GLASS: WHICH IS MORE PREFERABLE?
A lot of business owners choose acrylic over the glass for their signage material. It’s because the former is more durable and cost-efficient than the latter. Its advantages over glass include:
- The ability to withstand harsh weather and accidents; acrylic is 17 times stronger compared to glass.
- One can produce completely clear acrylic signage even after going through processes like etching, printing and overlaying designs; glass will always have that faint green tinge, the telltale sign that it went through the above mentioned procedures.
- It’s lighter and less likely to break into millions of tiny pieces compared to glass; this lightweight ability makes installations less hassle.
- It’s cheaper so acquiring and shipping it won’t leave a huge dent in your pocket.
THE OTHER ADVANTAGES OF USING ACRYLIC
- Acrylic is moldable and comes in a wide variety of colors. You don’t have to compromise the look of your brand when using this material for your signage. With it, you can let your imagination and creativity run free and still achieve desirable results.
- The streamlined, clean and sophisticated glass-like qualities of acrylic contribute greatly to the signage’s aesthetics.
- Its flexibility extends beyond its being moldable. You can print or affix any design you want on it including photos. You can choose to do it on a flat lay or use the material to make dimensional signage. It even works brilliantly well with lights. So, when you want to put more emphasis on your brand or make it more visible during nighttime, then this is the route to go.
- It’s availability in a wide range of color variants make it possible for you not to compromise whatever dominant hues your brand contains.
- Your acrylic signage is also easier to maintain compared to glass. It doesn’t get dirty easily so maintenance is minimal.
USES OF ACRYLIC
Common applications for acrylic are as follows:
- 2 Dimensional/Flat and 3 Dimensional signages
- Smaller sign boards for trade exhibits
- Custom-made holders
- Signs pointing directions
- Labels and nameplates
- Pamphlet holders
Acrylic makes departing from what’s conventional easier. It can even be used to enhance the visual beauty of whatever existing signage you have should you wish to just improve whatever branding you have now.
Layering differently-colored acrylic strips with your business name strategically placed on top, utilizing multi-colored letters to customizing logos and other objects connected to your brand name and business – all these are possible when using acrylic material.
Convinced that acrylic is the perfect material for your business’ signage? The next step is to call on a trustworthy signage company and make your signage plans come to life.
At Big Image Group, we’ve worked with countless business owners like you, bringing life to the dreams they have for their brands. Allow us to give life to yours, too. For your questions, call or visit our office directly
Let us know more